Monday, August 16, 2010

And we have a paycheck...

So for the first time since being in the ole Big Apple, I'm breathing deeply. Because today, while shopping Target for extension cords (not sure why the constructors of my apartment thought 2 plugs would be enough for the whole building)-- I received a call from the Program Director of Catholic Charities Family Support Center (one of the jobs I interviewed for on Friday) and she offered me the position!! I accepted the position- probably a little TOO eagerly- and she said HR will be contacting me by the end of this week/beginning of next and everything should be good for me to start right after Labor Day!

I can not begin to express the relief that overcame me at that moment. I had to put down my basket of extension cords and just smile and offer up prayers of thanksgiving to the Lord as the woman continues to talk about benefits and whatnot.

SUCH a blessing. I'm so excited to start the work and so thankful for the Lord's continued provision along this little trek. He is always faithful!

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement during this time-- it has meant the world to me!

So now I'm off to two more weeks of exploring the city, getting lost, and finding more free activities!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    yay sara!! so pumped for you. that is great news, friend.


    -audrey

    ReplyDelete