Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas... Maybe Too Far??


Well they weren't lying -- all those Christmas movies that portray NYC as being beautiful and magical during this season. EVERYTHING is decorated! Each neighborhood has its own lights throughout the streets and ALL the storefronts are decorated elaborately. So it wasn't too much of a shock that PriceWise (picture a trashier CVS/Walgreens) wanted to join in on the fun and display its products in a festive fashion. But I'm not sure that this was the best plan...

Really?? Of ALL the products... you decide that stack the Tampax boxes and decorate them as a Christmas tree?? I'd venture to say almost any other product would have been a better choice. Wheat thins perhaps? They're nice and rectangular. How about oreo packages? They have seasonal colors. ANYTHING really. But thank you for the laugh, PriceWise. I salute your window dressers for their bold choice. I mean really, I think they're on to something here. I can't think of a more practical stocking stuffer!

I finally got to go see the tree all lit up and beautiful! It really is huge. Although, I do think it looked bigger on Home Alone 2.... just sayin'. Maybe cause Kevin was short. Anywho-- what you DON'T see is the four previous photos that were taken of me and Angie because I asked like four old women in a row to take our picture with my iPhone. Disaster. This was literally the FIFTH take.. in a crowd of like 8 million. Whatever-- I needed that pic!


(Don't judge the hats-- it's so COLD!)

It's so BIG!!

And now I'd like to make a special bday shout-out to my roomie, Leticia! Love you roomie!

We took this little pic before we headed out with friends for a birthday dinner in the city. I know, I know- you don't even need to say it- we should make this into a Christmas card. Too bad I just spent my pay check on a high dollar burger and dessert! I'm not sure when my brain morphed to the point where I believe $25 is an appropriate amount of money to spend on dinner. But hey-- it was a HOLIDAY! Doesn't count :)

On an entirely separate note... there are only TWO WEEKS until Christmas and more importantly, only two weeks until I'm back in TEXAS!!! It'll be short... but I couldn't be more excited. Don't get me wrong... this city is festive, but there's no place I'd rather be than HOME for Christmas! (Please excuse the excessive capitalization in this paragraph-- there are only so many ways to express my excitement in written form.)

So let the countdown begin!



3 comments:

  1. I've already been counting down. Can't Wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are you home and for how long??? i know you have lots of people to see... maybe we can squeeze on the list for lunch or breakfast or something... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see you! I'm pumped. And Sara, that's a really good price on tampons.

    ReplyDelete