Sunday, November 7, 2010

And Then There Were Two


MEET LETICIA!


Leticia is my latest addition to my humble abode in good ole Glendale, Queens. Once upon a time I had a two bedroom apartment with no other occupant. While I thoroughly enjoyed paying the full rent myself, I was thinking it might be nice to have another member of the 71-10 household. Enter Leticia. She moved up here in September from Austin and we had a mutual friend from there who told us we should get together for coffee/dinner/whatever it is New Yorkers do fun. So we met on the top of the Empire State Building... okay I'm kidding, but we did meet at this burger place that has iPads you order from and subsequently play with.. what?? So we get together for dinner, within 20 minutes I've assessed that she's a true Texas and has a deep love/respect for good food, so I know that we are going to be friends. She begins to tell me here saga of relocating to the Big Apple and explains her current living situation which includes living in a tiny box in Manhattan with four other people and a cat. Ew. So I take the opportunity to look like a real freak and inform the stranger who I just met that I have an extra bedroom and she's welcome to move in if she wants! Yep, after 20 minutes. Haha-- guess it's good that my intuition was right this time! A month later, she moved in and it's been so much fun! So I thought I should give her a shout out and also inform all of you readers so that when you picture yourself here with me in my New York life, you can know who's sleeping in the next room.

Apparently today is National Running Day... Leticia informed me of this when she returned home from her five mile run. I'm sitting on the couch and have no intention of going for a run... but it did take me back to two years ago at this time when preparation for the Bearathon began. Ohhh the memories. I think I'll stick to the couch and hope that my extensive commute each morning/evening will excuse my intake of sweet treats in this glorious city!

3 comments:

  1. 2 posts in one week!! I'm getting spoiled. I hope Leticia's ready to play TWO WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!!! (although I feel a bit forward in including her in our plans after only reading two paragraphs about her, I feel like she's used to the forwardness after being asked to live with you after 20 minutes - it runs in the fam!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you friend!! We HAVE GOT to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SARA. Did you really just put your address online? Homeboy from the subway - the one you gave your FULL NAME to - is probably mapping out his journey to your house right now!

    ReplyDelete